• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Valdy "20th Century Masters" (Canada)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AM Matt

Forum Undertaker
I do have Valdy "Classic Collection" (from 1988) on CD which has the live version of "Rock And Roll Song" but "20th Century Masters" (from 2001) has the studio version of the 1972 classic. In other Valdy news, he is coming to Flint, Michigan on October 2 at the Arts Council Gallery & at Rochester Hills, Michigan on October 3 at the House Concert. Found the information at: www.pollstar.com Matt Clark Sanford, MI

AM Matt said:
I do have Valdy "Classic Collection" (from 1988) on CD which has the live version of "Rock And Roll Song" but "20th Century Masters" (from 2001) has the studio version of the 1972 classic. In other Valdy news, he is coming to Flint, Michigan on October 2 at the Arts Council Gallery & at Rochester Hills, Michigan on October 3 at the House Concert. Found the information at: www.pollstar.com Matt Clark Sanford, MI

This is the one 20th Century Masters set that I can't find near me; maybe Valdy doesn't have as big of a following here, even on recorded product. I thought of ordering this set for the studio version of "Rock And Roll Song", too. But CLASSIC COLLECTION does have more material on it.

Certainly would like to see Valdy perform Live at one of those shows near me, though. :agree:

Dave

Did you go to the Devonshire Mall in Windsor, Ontario because I bought the "20th Century Masters" CD down there!! Matt Clark Sanford, MI

No, but...Jeez, I should have of that! Maybe when the Border Crossings are a little under control, I should go out to Canada again.

My last time going there was back in August of 2001. I was on the I-401, going out to check out the Chatham-area of Ontario. I think I did see Devonshire Mall in Windsor on the way.

Thanks for telling me!

Dave

I Need to go to Canada to get The Payola$ 20th Century Masters CD...

--Mr Bill

Try ordering from Amazon's Canadian store. I don't get any credit for it, but you can actually shop Amazon's other international stores, even Japan. (A few guys I know who've ordered from the Japan site say their orders were shipped quickly, and shipping charges weren't too bad.) You will need to create a separate account, as Amazon Japan or Amazon Canada has no idea that your Amazon US account even exists.

For Canada, go to http://www.amazon.ca . For the Payola$ 20th Century Masters CD, though, you're going to get a kick out of this. The disc is not showing on Amazon's US website, but if you go to the Canadian site, it is listed, but out of stock. Just beneath it is a link to "New", meaning a marketplace seller has one available. Click on it, and you see there's one seller, in Miami, FL, who's offering this one! So, you can order it through Amazon Canada if you can't make the drive to Vancouver or Toronto. :wink: (I've actually ordered from that "caiman" seller before--no problems at all.)

For Payola$:

http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/tg/detail/offer-listing/-/B000069030/new/702-0901424-4489604

Better yet, go to the HMV Music Store to get the Valdy CD at the Devonshire Mall in Windsor, Ontario instead of Music World store or visit the website at: www.hmv.com for information. I also have the Payola$ as well as Rik Emmett (former lead singer of Triumph), Max Webster (with singer Kim Mitchell) & singer Sue Medley (Maybe The Next Time) "20th Century Masters". Those are the only ones so far that were released in Canada. Bachman-Turner Overdrive "20th Century Masters" is the only one released in the U.S.. I took my birth certificate when I went to the Detroit/Windsor tunnel. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Yeah, I need to write down a list of things Canadian to look for there that I can't find here, then. :shock:

Michel Pagliero comes to mind, even though all I really like by him (from what little I've heard) is "Some Sing, Some Dance". And that hasn't been playing on the radio ("when I needed it!" :D ) for a while, either. :o

Dave

...checking out the HMV link... :wink:

Michel Pagliero also did "Lovin' You Ain't Easy" & "Rainshowers" all in 1972. Have you listened to AM 630 CFCO in Chatham, Ontario? I think that station has a high antenna because I can hear it from as far as West Branch, MI or Tawas City, MI. The website is: www.630cfco.com I went to the station in August of 2001 to get a mug, a t-shirt & a sticker. Also go to: www.canoe.ca/jam & click on "Pop Encyclopedia" at the left corner for more information on Canadian artists & groups. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

I believe the hmv.com website is just a redirect to Amazon Canada. HMV used to have its own website up until a year or so ago, and then they folded into the amazon stable.

Harry
...who ordered quite a bit of Canadian stuff through HMV.com, online...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom