VIDEO: (They Long To Be) Close To You - 1970

If that had really been “take one”, I’d be delirious and ecstatic :laugh:

Great video, thanks for posting, I’ve seen a snippet but never the full thing.

Thanks for sharing, but hasn't this clip in full already been on YouTube for a long time? I've definitely seen the entirety of this for a few years now.

Thanks for sharing, but hasn't this clip in full already been on YouTube for a long time? I've definitely seen the entirety of this for a few years now.

HA! Didn’t realize it had already been uploaded previously. Either way, if you haven’t seen it here it is again!

Thanks for sharing this! It makes me wonder for what purpose it was filmed (i.e., it was a good 10 years before MTV, music videos weren’t being played on television all that much). Does anybody know?

Maybe one of these days, we will be able to hear the first takes of this song when Karen was actually playing the drums (before Hal Blaine took over). I would love to hear that! Thank you for posting the video Chris.

At 1:45 to 1:55 the horn (or, whatever that is !)
does not sound as it does on the usual recordings.
At least, to my ears.

There is also the video of them performing "Love Is Surrender" that was filmed on the same day. I've also seen this one as well on YouTube

Like some others, I have seen snippets of this but for whatever reason, not the entire thing. Thanks, Chris, for posting.

Whenever I see Karen this young and healthy it always, always brings a smile to my face.

Back
Top Bottom