• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Vote for Karen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Her highest rank was #2 or #3 several months ago, it got me wonderin' why such a big drop!Let's get her back on track where she belongs guyz. If you have already voted, tell your friends about it. Thanks.

Yessiree!

If any of you recognize the general tone of my posts, you'll see that my vote was destined to be.

Chow,

Jeff

Just remember to vote once -or else any attempts to double / triple Karen's vote tally will reduce her totals ...this may explain the fall from top 10 previously ! :shock:

Peter

Troll posts removed.

Harry
...and the A&M Corner Moderator team...

When someone who's intent is not to add to our community but to detract from it - that's called trolling.

Specifically, in this case it was someone who wanted to bash Karen Carpenter.

Harry
...wondering if the moon is full or something, online...

Go to the site and click "Diva Principle" and click on the bottom where it says "Also read.....Diva Is as Diva Does". Perhaps her ranking out of the top ten previously was intentional.

Chris said:
Karen needs votes at the "Divas" site. Right now as you can see by her photo placement she is still "waiting in the wings" to be in the top ten.

My vote is in...Karen Carpenter, of course!

By the way...I really like your Avatar. She looks amazing in that photo! Where did it come from?

Jon

Wow. Thanks for pointing out the "Diva is as Diva does" section of that website, kennyv. That site master obviously does not think that Karen should have such a high position in the rankings, from what he said about her. I can understand not thinking of Karen as a "Diva", but why was she given a featured place on their site if she is not being thought of as worthy of a high placing?

The two lead singers of ABBA have been at the top of that site's list for a long time now, but they are not anymore 'diva like' than Karen.

According to their definition in "the diva principle", Karen seems to fill that description. Oh well, I know we all have our idea of what Diva means, and while on one hand I would never describe Karen as a diva, on the other hand she does have a large following in the same sort of circles that worship the likes of Cher, Diana, Barbra, Olivia, etc.

Jon,
Glad you liked the avatar. It is part of a drawing I did of one of Karen's solo shots. Here is the full portrait:

karen.jacket.c.jpg

Karen had so many different looks throughout her life. At times she did not look so good, but there were many times when she was absolutely beautiful. Many people who've met her in person have said that she was much prettier in person than on TV or in photographs. I can imagine that was true.

Chris

And let's not forget the fact that Karen is admired and spoken of highly by many great artists like Madonna, Shania Twain, K.D. Lang, Olivia Newton John, Petula Clark, Dionne Worwick and I'm sure many closeted artists who hate to admit they're Karen's fans!!

If I can add to Kennyv.

There is also the Canadian singer Jann Arden who is quoted as saying this:

"Karen Carpenter and ABBA were my inspiration growing up," says Arden. "I learned so many of my songwriting skills from their records. My lyrical content is very different, but the music is similar."

Here is another link:

http://www.vex.net/~paulmac/carpenter/faq.html

Look under: What are other celebrities opinions of Karen & Richard Carpenter

Friends,

It has been brought to my attention by another A&M Corner member who voted in this poll that they are now receiving regular, unwated e-mails from a person associated with that poll. Due to its unsolicited nature, it qualifies as SPAM. It is your freedom to vote in that poll, but I felt it necessary to warn others about the possibility of spamming associated with this poll. For privacy reasons, we won't divulge the sender of this e-mail, but if this person is a member of their forum, this is an official warning that indirect spamming of our members will NOT be tolerated.

If you have any questions, please get in touch with a moderator for further assistance.

Thanks!

Thanks Chris for the link...I just love reading that stuff, so inspiring. Funny thing I used to do while slowing down to pay the expressway fee to the officer at the booth was to turn off The Carpenters' music. Then I would turn it back on immediately once the window was shut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom