• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Waiting for the CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rudy said:
I don't think Concord ran out. A record label typically does not sell product direct, so it could be their own fulfillment stock has run out, but the distributors probably have plenty.

Well somebody ran out because as of today Concord is still only selling the MP3:cool:

Just their fulfillment department (or whatever company they're using for order fulfillment)...it's not like the CD is rare and in high demand or anything, and needs another pressing run.

Funny that they'd probably have to buy back their own product from a distributor to fulfill orders though. :D

I did not title this thread and I don't know why it's attributed to me.
I'm not waiting for the CD because I would never buy it- it isn't my forte.

Steve - this thread was split off of another thread because of "discussion drift." It's attributed to you because yours is the first post in the thread. It's not an evil plot, I promise! :)

it could be their own fulfillment stock has run out, but the distributors probably have plenty.

Or another possibility - they only planned to sell it on their website for a short time. Once that stock was gone (or the time expired) it was MP3 only from them.

Mike Blakesley said:
Or another possibility - they only planned to sell it on their website for a short time. Once that stock was gone (or the time expired) it was MP3 only from them.

I don't think so because both sku's CD & MP3 of "Anything Goes" are readily available and just about all of the other Concord artists have both sku's for purchase.

People who ordered later from Concord directly have been complaining.
I'm still going to put 2 and 2 together and say, that they got caught shorthanded.

Got my copy this morning from Amazon in the USA. Have yet to listen to more than a few seconds of each track (other than 'Cast Uour Fate' which I played on the radio this morning, but it sounds really good.

I received an e-mail today from Concord stating that they shipped out the CD today - a mere 4 weeks after I ordered it. Good thing I had already bought a couple of copies of this great CD!

Capt. Bacardi

And I had to straighten out Amazon with regard to the DVD I'd ordered. Somehow, their USPS shipping through FedEx was ridiculously delayed. When I complained to Amazon's customer service via e-mail yesterday, they were very kind and shipped a fresh copy overnight via UPS. It arrived this morning by 10 AM, so they made good on their promise.

Amazon is all about customer service, and it's nice to know that when screw-ups do occur, they're there to back up their word.

That said, it took a more reasonable amount of time for them to get I FEEL YOU to me. It was released Tuesday Feb. 8 and I got it on the morning of Feb. 11. Given that it was free shipping (combined with another title), I can't complain about a three-day shipping window.

I'm somewhat wary of record company website sales, even though some here claimed that they got I FEEL YOU weeks early. It's still a crap-shoot for these smaller companies who don't have the shipping thing down pat.

Harry

Received a shipping notice today from Concord but no reply to email send to them (I actually wanted to cancel it since I bought the cd in NYC the night of the perf). At least with amazon, I get a notice if there's a delay or other problem. No explanation from Concord on why it took a MONTH to fulfill.

Herb and Lani's PR page on Facebook had the special $10 (?) offer for the CD about a month before it was officially released (Jan. 10), so I'm betting Concord had a swell in demand that they hadn't anticipated.

Amazon's customer service is good, even in other countries. I received the 180g LP/CD set of Pat Metheny's "Orchestrion" that was not packaged well--the edges got a bit mangled. As they were out of stock (in Canada, where I ordered it), they offered me 20% refund, which I took. What amazed me was the response time--the first reply was a mere 20 minutes after I submitted my issue, and after a couple of back-and-forth exchanges, we had the whole issue sorted within about two to three hours. I used to have to wait overnight for a reply.

Amazon UK did a similar favor. My order had not arrived, even giving it a week after their expected arrival date (which was about four weeks after placing the order). They replaced the shipment without question.

I, too, got my notice that the CD is shipped, but I am feeling a bit guilty. I just happened to be checking my bank account, and although they say it shipped yesterday, and will be here tomorrow, they did not charge my card.

But tomorrow night is set aside for Herb. I also will be receiving something I've wanted for years...a CD of Under a Spanish Moon. I wore out a vinyl, and a cassette.

Good catch on Spanish Moon! Funny thing is, I just got into some of my boxes of LPs and found I'd bought a very lightly used copy of Spanish Moon a few years ago, and never played it. Gave it a spin, and it sounds quite good! I may spin that one and Bullish later on, once I'm done spinning (believe it or not) Led Zeppelin's "Houses Of The Holy." :wink:

I probably haven't listened to "Spanish" for about 15 years, since the cassette broke. I had forgotten how addicting I think the record is. Bet I've played it five times tonight.

Now I never liked cassettes, but the CD sounds like a different album...I'm hearing so much more than I did with the cassette. I could instantly whistle along with Herbs trumpet...but much of the instrumentation I don't remember.

I was also able to acquire a copy of "Midnight Sun" on CD. My cassette copy broke a decade ago, and CD copies tended to he high in the marketplace.

I had forgotten how much I thought this album a masterpiece. I often wondered if Herb thought this might be his final album...his swan song on his own label...but I think it is wonderful. The duet with Getz gave me tears years ago, and it is still affecting today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom