• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

What happen to all the Carpenters Contest Giveaways?

Status
Not open for further replies.
manofsteel1979 said:
Agreed. We all may have our opinions, and we have the right to them, but we must be mindful that the people we talk about here are,well, people. They are flesh and blood human beings with feelings. We can have opinions,and speculate about A, B or C,but we have no right to point fingers over things that have happened in the lives of people we don't know.

Yeah... unfortunately Richard is not Madonna... she would have FUN with this stuff.

Who are the artists who participate in this forum?
Off the top of my head, we've had posts from Evie Sands, Julius Wechter, Randy Badazz (Herb Alpert's nephew, producer and writer of "Rise"), Goran Fristorp (co-writer of Herb's song "I Belong"), and Carol Kaye (session bassist on early Tijuana Brass albums). Bill Cantos (current member of Herb Alpert's band) has also participated. We also had a series of posts from Claudio Slon (formerly of Brasil '66) who has since passed away. There are probably others I'm leaving out.

He's not an artist, but Bruce Kimmel (label executive, planning to re-issue Julius Wechter's NEW DEAL album soon) has also participated briefly.

Many of the people mentioned posted on the "old" Corner board, so those posts aren't searchable on this board. They are all archived though, and webmaster Rudy hopes to find a way to have them all see the light of day somehow.

Plus we know through connections that many other of the classic A&M artists are at least aware of the forum and/or have read posts here. Specific stats are, of course, impossible to verify.

[Edited to fix a typo]

Mike Blakesley said:
...There are probably others I'm leaving out...

Renee Armand has also recently posted here, too...

Sorry to see the negativity that our posts here have been wrapped-up in & consumed by (even mine, in my attempt to relieve this topic from one more "tainted" taunt) & I certainly didn't want to take anything away from discussions on stuff here that was positive & on-topic... --That was not my intention...

The "contest giveaways" were fun & we've had a few in both, the Carpenters & the Herb Alpert/TjB forums & it would be great to see 'em continue...

Hopefully the future at A&M Corner will see much more to come...

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom