why don't we hear ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not impossible though...it *was* a fairly successful AC single, so could have just been in some kind of adult-contemporary music-service rotation. (Maybe tweaked by some Carpenters fan!)

I heard 'Top Of The World' at the Pet Store, 'If I Had You' at the grocery store and 'Superstar' on my truck radio on the way home.
I'm playing XM7 at work today and have already heard "We've Onlyl Just Begun," "Top of the World" and "Superstar." And it's still early afternoon...

Not impossible though...it *was* a fairly successful AC single

The rarest one I have heard on commercial radio was 'Now' :)

Also, when I was at university, in 1993, I walked past the cafeteria, and could have sworn I could hear 'Beechwood 4-5789' coming from a radio somewhere. I peeked inside the kitchen area, and sure enough, there it was blasting away, and the kitchen staff had down spoons and were dancing away with each other in couples like in the 60s. That was so cool and so funny to see! :)

Seals and Crofts recorded the song for their "Takin' It Easy" album in 1978. The harmonic vocals at the beginning of the song are provided by Carpenter band-members Gary Sims, Doug Strawn and Tony Peluso.

One More Time
(Words and music by Lewis Anderson)

this sort of fits into the category...and I swear I hear Richard in the background also, but, I didn't know that Seals and Crofts recorded this song. It really sounds Carpenteresque backgroundwise and now I know why.

Well, the bright side is one radio station I listened to before it changed its format is not having to be hit with "Calling Occupants..." as if it were the ONLY song Carpenters ever did...

But, still... :sad:

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom