Your Baby Doesn't Love You Anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Site Admin
Regarding "Your Baby Doesn't Love You Anymore", it's a song that hasn't been done to death on the many compilations over the years. In looking for other versions to compare with the new SHM-CD, I found it occurs on only four other compilations (apart from 40/40) and the original VOICE OF THE HEART album.

The four compilations are:

The READERS' DIGEST 3-disc set
The rare Japanese SWEET MEMORY (by and by) disc
The REFLECTIONS disc
The ULTIMATE COLLECTION set from the UK (not the NL version).

...and now it's on the 40/40 compilation.

I find it a bit odd that it's skipped on both box sets, isn't found on the TREASURES set, or any of the many GOLD issues.

Harry

Of those 4, I only have the Readers Set. Out of curiosity are the clock times for this track the same on all 5 sets. I too really like this song and a good use of Richard's backing vocals on this track.

I have a rare "test pressing" of this track on a 45 I purchased from ebay awhile ago.

The only ones that print an actual track timing are the VOICE OF THE HEART, SWEET MEMORY and REFLECTIONS. Some list 3:50, others 3:51. I believe all of them clock in around that time.

Harry

I don't believe so (and posted that in the other thread). I thought it might be on first listen, but I think I was fooled by the songs clarity combined with the detailed sound of the SHM-CD, plus listening to it intently with headphones.

I still want to do an a-b comparison to be sure, but I'm leaning toward "not".

Harry

Doesn't it also appear on Gold:35th Anniversary Edition? I'm sure it does on mine - or is the version I have in Australia different from others?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom