"If We Try" video and colorized Solo album cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

Hi Friends,

Since we've all talked about Karen's album cover and how many of us wished it would have been released in its originally intended color scheme, I finally got around to doing a colorized version. I'm happy to share this with you all. For a guide, I looked at the colors of the solo image that was included inside the gatefold of the Yesterday Once More album, along with Mark's description of the original jacket mock-up he saw years ago at A&M.

This image is CD sized in case any would like to print it.

SoloColorTassin.jpg

I put together a video presentation as well that contains this 'fantasy' vinyl LP, as well as some promotions for Karen appearing in a mall setting. I hope you enjoy!

Chris- 1000X Thank you! I have played with this and could never get it to look right. AMAZING WORK!

Thanks, Mark! I'm glad you like it. You helped inspire me with your wonderful descriptions of what it was like to see that album jacket. Yes, colorizing can be challenging I find. I'm still not completely happy with her face. It's so tough to get it to look natural. Thanks again. :)

I LOVE IT!!!

Thanks Chris, you did a lovely job...I've already save this and imported the video into my iPhone.
The Mall and Karen...what a awesome combination. I can hear the music being played over the intercom now!!! :)

I love the photo, her jacket...so real it's like you could reach out and touch it.

Thanks Chris! haha.. yes, let's go visit that mall!
Good to know you were able to import the video to your iPhone. The video as it is on youtube won't play on mobile unfortunately.

Maybe one of the A&M "insiders" who frequent the site will make some comments. For me, well, I can't quick looking at it!

Chris, can we print it "as is" for a CD cover? Or do we have to try to save it in another version. Never done this before. I'd like to take it to Fed/Ex Kinkos and have them print a great copy of it.

I am catching a lot of little things you added upon my 2nd watch. I love the Karen Carpenter perfume. I could have seen that happen for Karen. Her famous sunglasses photo for the photo lab. I think I also see a treble clef deco boarder on the ceiling shot.

This is amazing detail, Chris thanks for all your hard work and being an artist for Karen.

Mark, I think it can be printed 'as is'. I sized it to the dimensions of a CD booklet. 4.75" x 4.75". It does not have any bleed room around it though. I'll try to post one later tonight with some bleed area so it can be cut to size afterward if you'd like. If anyone has any further specifics on how to size it for easy printing, please let us know. Thanks.

Chris, thanks for noticing those details. I thought maybe the Karen perfume might be a little over the top, but then it's all in fun and I figured fans would appreciate it. I'm glad you liked it! Treble clef boarder? I'll have to look for that! It's just a coincidence.

Thanks for your kind comments and thoughts about it, Chris.

Just...WOW!

I must admit, had I actually seen what's depicted in your video in a mall somewhere, people would've stared at the "poor girl standing there crying." I had tears in my eyes as I watched.
Thank you, Chris, for the time and effort it took to produce...and that album cover: spectacular!

I'm just BLOWN away, that was fantastic! Thank you very much Chris, what a great job. It was like..... so real!

Wow! I feel like I just hopped off a carnival ride. Adrenaline pumpin, thrills, chills and all the fireworks. That was a tremendous presentation. Top notch and a lovely tribute. The photo work was breathtaking. This seems like the see-saw moment. Coulda woulda shoulda. After the bump in the road it's so easy to see Karen living her potential. Interesting that in our eyes she had been doing that all along. Again, a wonderful offering.

Thank you

WOW! Nice job, the images are so vivid it looks like they're popping out of the page. So professional, one can really see what it would have been like. If only, if only...

Thank you everyone for all your lovely comments. Wow.. Knowing that you all enjoyed and liked it, tells me that it was worth the effort. That really means a lot. Thank you so much!
KACE, I think I'd have to cry as well if I saw all those images of Karen on display for real. It's so good to know that we still all love her so much and get so excited over her work.
Thanks again, KACE, PJW, goodjeans, djn, BGW, Chris, and Mark! Your feedback has made my day. I greatly appreciate it.

After the bump in the road it's so easy to see Karen living her potential. Interesting that in our eyes she had been doing that all along.

Jeff, that is beautifully said. I agree that it's easy to imagine Karen living her potential. Yes, in our eyes she has been doing it. It's almost unbelievable that her story ended the way it did. Perhaps in some alternate universe, things were different. I'm proud that we have all helped keep her memory alive and she'll always be a star. Thank you for your touching words.

Chris, I came upon this late last evening and wanted to thank you for your fabulous work. It staggers the mind to see this stuff come alive. Words fail me.

Harry

Chris...I just had to use that photo as my current desktop theme. I tried stretch but that didn't look good, then I tried tiled but that didn't repeat exactly right, so I left it with the original square. I then added a purple color to fill in the borders on each side of the photo that match the chair to fill up my monitor.

It's awesome!!! :love:

Just want to let you know, Chris, that because of your work, I was finally able to show my wife the album cover. Something I have been telling her about since 1989 when I first saw it! I think it made for one happy wife to get her man to finally be quiet about the thing! :wink:

What a labor of love Chris! Thank you so very much. I have been a great admirer of your work for years. I watched this yesterday on Facebook and again last night; it brought tears to my eyes and a big smile to my face.

Chris.

AWsome!!! People can forget how beautiful KC really was.

HER LP should have been released all those Long years ago.
dagnabbit i want Kc's ALBUM on VINAL!!!!! and 8 track tape!!!
I bought it the late fall october day in 1996. and THIS (your) cover should be on it.
Im going to print this and put in in the cd case, so when i play Karen Carpenter. i See this beautiful cover art.

Chris, I came upon this late last evening and wanted to thank you for your fabulous work. It staggers the mind to see this stuff come alive. Words fail me.

Harry

Thank you, Harry. I'm honored that you all liked it. Much thanks for all your kind words.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom