• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

⭐ Official Review Carpenters Royal Philharmonic Review and Comments Thread

How would you rate Carpenters with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra?

• ⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕ (Best)

Votes: 38 36.5%
  • ⁕⁕⁕⁕

Votes: 47 45.2%
  • ⁕⁕⁕ (Average)

Votes: 16 15.4%
  • ⁕⁕

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • ⁕ (Worst)

• Did not listen to this album yet

• Total voters
So I’ve been streaming the new album almost non-stop since last Friday, and I decided I want to get the Target CD, first, to do my small part in encouraging a “volume 2” with the orchestra, and second, for the bonus track and liner notes (and seamless transitions and listening in the car).

At any rate and according to my wife just now, the two Targets in my area do not have the CD, which either means “sold-out,” or Target is dropping the ball. Any other fans finding the album not being stocked at Target, yet?

Gosh, YOM is quite different.

Jumping between the two YOM's on Spotify and I can't believe I never noticed the difference until now! Probably because I've been listening to the entire album from start to finish and I thought the harp was the end of the segue ! This is the new release that just keeps on giving :)

Thanks Simon. It appears that the YouTube versions have also now gotten the updated audio. Yesterday, that wasn't the case.

Be careful Harry, there are a couple of videos on YouTube for YOM and TTR, one is the single, the other is the update but of course the videos have no details about this and have the same photo, the only way of telling is by ear. When I was getting those links for you I had to try a few times on different videos.

Does anybody know when Universal will post overall sales numbers? I'd love to see how good we're doing in supporting this effort. I guarantee there are still lots of people out there who would buy this if they had a clue. Not seeing a lot of marketing to the casual enthusiast.

Jumping between the two YOM's on Spotify and I can't believe I never noticed the difference until now! Probably because I've been listening to the entire album from start to finish and I thought the harp was the end of the segue ! This is the new release that just keeps on giving :)
Thanks for posting this. I downloaded Spotify just to hear this, because I've been VERY confused with all the posts. OMG. The YOM and TTR versions on Spotify are not on the CD & download from Amazon, nor on the Japanese version. I'm hoping they are on the ones ordered through the record company. I know this has probably been asked and answered, but are these newer versions on the Target one?

Thanks for posting this. I downloaded Spotify just to hear this, because I've been VERY confused with all the posts. OMG. The YOM and TTR versions on Spotify are not on the CD & download from Amazon, nor on the Japanese version. I'm hoping they are on the ones ordered through the record company. I know this has probably been asked and answered, but are these newer versions on the Target one?
No, the Target release has the pre-release versions of the songs. The newer mixes are only available online as far as anybody seems to have reported.

I remember back when Jurassic Park was first released to DVD by Universal (different division). They flubbed the bass track on the DTS mix to the point that everyone on other forums were complaining and they had to issue a replacement program for the discs.

I'm sure that some big wigs in a room somewhere knew this would happen, but needed to get these CD's on the store shelves for Christmas. They weighed their options and decided to do just what they are doing. With CD's declining and vinyl increasing in sales, they could still get most people satisfied on downloads and vinyl while dealing with the handful of CD people. I get it, I just wish that we knew more about what was being done on the newer pressings of CD's that will eventually be released.

And those of us who don't live in the U.S. are out of luck, since apparently the digital downloads are available only to folks living in the U.S.

Thanks for the 411. I did download from iTunes on release day, but they were not the newer versions.
When I first downloaded the iTunes tracks, they were the older versions. I deleted and re-downloaded them because I think the older versions were still cached in  Music. Once I did the redownloads, they were the newer versions. You will likely need to redownload them to get the newer versions.

Thanks for the 411. I did download from iTunes on release day, but they were not the newer versions.
Have you tried downloading them again to see if the versions have been updated by now?

Edit: Thanks Darthskyguy, you've answered my question. Now I know it's safe to buy the album from iTunes.

Based on what I have read here, the MP3 downloads have updated versions of these two songs: the newer version of "Ticket to Ride" has piano newly recorded in stereo, while "Yesterday Once More" has a harp intro.

I might have missed this in the latest thread comments but the online version of YOM also has newly recorded keyboard chords punctuating the first verse every four bars, from 0:04 to 0:37.

When I first downloaded the iTunes tracks, they were the older versions. I deleted and re-downloaded them because I think the older versions were still cached in  Music. Once I did the redownloads, they were the newer versions. You will likely need to redownload them to get the newer versions.
Thanks. I didn't even think of this - kind of an iTunes newbie - still. I really appreciate your suggestion!

Confirming the confirmed - I pre-ordered the Target CD and yes, it has the "pre" versions of YOM and TTR.

This is really annoying, but I'll take my cue from some of you who have managed to spin this into a positive :rolleyes: :uhhuh:

It will be interesting to see when and if this is addressed by Universal, and how they'll explain it, and how long it will be before the newer versions of the songs are included in the CD purchase.

Back
Top Bottom