• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

30th Anniversary CD Sampler

Status
Not open for further replies.

andywithaz

I recently acquired a copy of the 30th Anniversary CD sampler from a new friend of mine that has a huge Carpenters collection. Anyway, I got it and it has songs from From The Top.

Canta/Sing
Suntory Pop Jingle #2
Ave Maria
From This Moment On
Good Friends Are For Keeps

Since this was a 30th Anniversary CD sampler I would have thought that it would include songs with vinyl mixes that had never appeared on CD before. Ex: Superstar

Why would this have From The Top songs that were released in 1991 instead of 1999 for the 30th Anniversaey :?:

This is an "official" A&M release, although it had something to do with a chain of music stores called MUSIC FOR A SONG. They gave the promos with the purchase of CDs from the Remastered series that was released in 1999. I obtained several copies and sent one to Richard to autograph (for a prize at the Carpenters Celebration -- July 1999) and his manager CALLED ME at home to ask "Where on earth did you GET this!?" He and Richard were furious that this had been produced and my sending the CD was the first notice they had of its existence! And the track list made NO sense... all those rarities from FROM THE TOP that had nothing to do with the 30th Anniversary Reissues. I guess someone at A&M set this up with someone at MUSIC FOR A SONG and no one stopped to ask Richard.

Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom