• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

39th anniversary box!? , April 5 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the 3rd consecutive post but I couldn't wait. I decided to tear into each album. The one consistent thing is how good the sound is. It appears to be the same mastering as on the "Remastered Classics" series. Because I never had all the CD's before, I got to really listen to songs I'd never heard before.

I have a new favorite in "B'Wanna She No Home". What a great track! 10 seconds in and it's obvious that it's a Michael Franks song. I loved the way Karen carried it off. She sounded like she was having much fun and as a result, the listener does too. I'm also impressed by how little Richard had to do with it. He had Pete Jolly playing piano and, even more amazing, had Gene Puerling doing the vocal arrangements.

Anyway, I'm happy to report that the collection sounds as good as it looks. If you can find it, buy it. You won't be sorry...

Ed

Sorry but "Sold out" at the shop.

I thought Alex decided to wait for something better for the 40th.

SakuraSYayoi said:
I cannot find English information page of this box set. I don't know if they send oversea.
SakuraSYayoi said:
Here is the CD shop page which released this CD's. There is email address next to DISTRIBUTION"( right above).

The following is nothing to relate but I saw it on the net a few days ago.
LP "Live in Japan" DJ copy '87
overdub_2006-img600x450-1211253270wusoyq79663.jpg

Many of us may be familiar with the following,
ayanana11-img600x450-1212301897lo7c0i28269.jpg

Sakura

CarpentersToYou said:
Sakura, you know my awful Carpenters Japanese set addictions!

I know, I know your addictions, but you didn't look to be more excited (when you knew this release) than the time that you talked about Single Box Set. :tongue:

Sakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom