• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Best Twitter, Instagram, Websites, etc., featuring Carpenters

Status
Not open for further replies.

song4u

There seem to be a lot out there, so thought I'd ask who follows which ones. Of course, A&M corner tops everyone's list! ::suck up intended::

This is the only one I follow, but I've been dragged (kicking and screaming) into the tech generation, and I'm willing to look around.

There seem to be a lot out there, so thought I'd ask who follows which ones. Of course, A&M corner tops everyone's list! ::suck up intended::

This is the only one I follow, but I've been dragged (kicking and screaming) into the tech generation, and I'm willing to look around.

There are a couple of Facebook sites that I like - Randy Schmidt's Newville Avenue Carpenters Fans is good. Karen Carpenter's Friends and Fans is another that I would consider "safe" along with a couple of others.

However I will caution that there are others that I'm extremely leery of because they tend to promote a very selfish, self-entitled sort of attitude related to all things unreleased - particularly with Karen's solo album. They tend to get very toxic and almost hostile. Some choose to consider it "free speech"; call it what you want. A lot of ambulance chasing, Richard-hating folks who like to base everything on second, third and fourth-hand information, particularly surrounding a bunch of hearsay. I prefer to keep it general and about the music. Not assumptions and opinions (disguised as "facts") about personal, behind-the-scenes politics that cause a bunch of unhealthy dissension amongst fans. Just my $.02 :rolleyes:

Last edited:
There are a couple of Facebook sites that I like - Randy Schmidt's Newville Avenue Carpenters Fans is good. Karen Carpenter's Friends and Fans is another that I would consider "safe" along with a couple of others.

However I will caution that there are others that I'm extremely leery of because they tend to promote a very selfish, self-entitled sort of attitude of obsession related to all things unreleased - particularly with Karen's solo album. They tend to get very toxic and almost hostile. Some choose to consider it "free speech". Call it what you want. A lot of ambulance chasing, Richard-haters who like to base everything on second, third and fourth-hand information, particularly surrounding a bunch of hearsay. I prefer to keep it general and about the music and not the personal, behind-the-scenes politics that cause unhealthy dissension amongst fans. Just my $.02 :rolleyes:
Thanks Chris. Your post is just what I was looking for. I want the same info you do, and want to avoid the overly negative sites.

I may have to go back on FB in stealth mode. :cool:

I've looked around, and this is the only one I come back to. I've been off of Facebook for years for personal reasons. I've learned a lot here, and I love to log in from time to time to join in once again. Great site!

However I will caution that there are others that I'm extremely leery of because they tend to promote a very selfish, self-entitled sort of attitude related to all things unreleased - particularly with Karen's solo album. They tend to get very toxic and almost hostile. Some choose to consider it "free speech"; call it what you want. A lot of ambulance chasing, Richard-hating folks who like to base everything on second, third and fourth-hand information, particularly surrounding a bunch of hearsay. I prefer to keep it general and about the music. Not assumptions and opinions (disguised as "facts") about personal, behind-the-scenes politics that cause a bunch of unhealthy dissension amongst fans. Just my $.02 :rolleyes:
I agree, Chris. I enjoy Randy's Facebook page and read it often. There was one other Facebook page I was a member of for a while, but I got so frustrated at having my dissenting opinions (especially regarding Karen's solo album) effectively shouted down that I had to leave. Also, there I found the sort of pile-on mentality and unsupported speculation that you describe, which bothered me a great deal. Finally I realized I just didn't need that. Life's too short, as they say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom