• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

CarpenterS on talk shows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't David Letterman's rise in popularity come after Karen's death? I don't remember him being on David Letterman.

In 1978 or there-abouts Karen & Richard appeared on The Tonight Show hosted by John Davidson. On that show Karen sang the Superstar/Rainy Days medley LIVE. A while later the duo came forth with a live version of Thankyou For The Music. AS I review my tape of the show I realize that this isn't K's strongest vocal performance. It was sang in a rather playful manner and obviously not intended to showcase CarpenterS "sound". Question is: why hasn't this appearance been made commercially available...In any format? There are many performance's that I've seen over the years that could easily fill something like a K&R live In The USA or some other type of release. Where is our Country's LIVE recordings?

Considering a future C's project,

Jeff

Thanks for your replies. What I was thinking of specifically was Richard appearing on David Letterman's Late Show to promote "The Karen Carpenter Story" TV movie. Does that help at all? Maybe it was my imagination. :rolleyes:

Interesting. Afterall, David Lettermand and "The Karen Carpenter Story" were both on CBS. It is feasable. However, it's kind of hard to fathom that such a high-profile appearence would have gone un-noticed by many of us on this forum.

Richard did appear on Larry King Live not long after Karen's passing and sometime after the release of VOTH. I just can't remember if it was his radio show or CNN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom