1. The new Carpenters recording with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra is now available for preorder! Use this link to preorder, and help us out at the same time. Thank you!

News Carpenters Royal Philharmonic Purchasing, Ordering, Shipping Thread

Discussion in 'A Song For You: The Carpenters Forum' started by Harry, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Carpe diem

Carpe diem Well-Known Member

^^Me too Jonathan, I'm posting mine to share with the forum.
    Received via email 2/7/19 at 10:35am PST:

An Update Regarding Your Order #XXXXXXXX
    [​IMG]
    We are reaching out to you regarding your order #XXXXXXXX from the Carpenters Official Store!

We've been informed that we've unfortunately run into a production delay on your vinyl that will be pushing the expected ship date back to March 15. We are truly sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.

Rest assured that as soon as the vinyl arrives to our warehouse, we will get them turned around and shipped out to you!

Thanks for your patience and support,
    Carpenters Official Store
    Copyright © 2019 Carpenters Official Store, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
    Carpenters Official Store
    6055 N Flint Road, Unit #4
    Milwaukee, WI 53209

I'm eagerly awaiting my NEXT email due around March 14th which will push-out the release date to around April 22nd??? That is my prediction anyway!:goodie:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
  2. I received an email today from Amazon UK saying that my order of the vinyl has now been played until 26 April!

"Hello,

Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below was changed by the supplier, and we need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date:

Carpenters;The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra "Carpenters With The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra [VINYL]"
    Estimated arrival date: April 26 2019

One of our aims is to provide a convenient and efficient service but in this case, we've fallen short. Please accept our sincere apologies.

You haven't been charged for these items. We don't charge your payment card until just before your parcel is dispatched, at which time we'll send you an e-mail to confirm the payment details, estimated delivery date, contents and method of delivery."

At this rate I am beginning to wonder if Universal should wait until Volume 2 and put the vinyl out as a boxset! :tongue:

Song4uman likes this.
  3. newvillefan

newvillefan I Know My First Name Is Stephen

Can UMG get anything right when it comes to vinyl?

4. Song4uman

Song4uman Well-Known Member

I see UMG vinyls for sale. It’s like since it’s the Carpenters, they’ll just work to not get it right.

Not really, just feels that way.

5. Rick-An Ordinary Fool

Rick-An Ordinary Fool Well-Known Member

FL
    I'm actually glad that the vinyl was delayed...why? because I just cancelled my order with Amazon for the regular black vinyl. I realized that I already have 2 CD's Target and Japan and I have the digital copies too. I also ordered the white vinyl L/E and having the white vinyl will be more than enough for this release. I'm already over buying as it is....:laugh: so thank you Universal you saved me money with your constant delays. :laugh:

no1kandrfan and sussex salvo like this.
  6. Rick-An Ordinary Fool

Rick-An Ordinary Fool Well-Known Member

FL
    So just to set the record straight....I got the same email above that Carpe Diem posted that it was delayed to March 15. I haven't got the email that it's delayed again to April 26th like Nick posted above.

But this link confirms that even for the US fans...the vinyl has been officially pushed back to April 26th.

So the vinyl went from Feb 8th, to March 15 and now it's April 26th :sigh:
    cueing up "Happy" because it is what it is....:laugh:

Carpenters with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra - Limited Edition LP + Signed Litho

7. Harry

Harry Charter A&M Corner Member Moderator Thread Starter

I originally did not think I wanted the vinyl, but if it should happen to turn out that the delays are being caused by Richard's tweaking, then I'll be happy to get it whenever it arrives.

no1kandrfan likes this.
  8. Murray

Murray Well-Known Member

I imagine that Richard wasn’t happy with the way Universal botched the vinyl box set. I have a feeling that with this release, he’s not going to allow the LPs to ship until they meet his exacting standards. What are the chances that he’s examined samples, and then asked that they be redone (possibly more than once), which could account for the delays?

no1kandrfan likes this.
  9. Sue

Sue Active Member

uk
    I also received word from the U.K. official store today.

Hello,

Thank you for the email.

I can confirm Carpenters With The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra has the release date of the 26th of April 2019.

As standard shipping was selected all item will ship out together.

Once they have be dispatched a confirmation email will be sent.

Kind Regards
    Eloise
    On behalf of Customer Services

10. New Horizons.

New Horizons. Active Member

Literally delayed to the Carpenters 50th anniversary weekend it seems on vinyl.:)

Rick-An Ordinary Fool likes this.