• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Former MTV VJ J.J. Jackson dies

Status
Not open for further replies.

AM Matt

Forum Undertaker
I went to: www.mtvnews.com & found out that former MTV VJ J.J. Jackson has died of a heart attack at the age of 62. From the debut of MTV on August 1, 1981 thru June of 1986, J.J. & the original 4 VJ's were the staple of the days back then. J.J. & the other VJ's also appeared back in Thanksgiving weekend back in November of 1990. His final appearance on MTV was back in August 1, 2001 when MTV celebrated its 20th Anniversary Party with the other 4 original VJ's. :cry: Matt Clark Sanford, MI

There has also been some confusion amongst quite a few people as to whether this was the same J.J. Jackson who, in 1966, scored his only major hit with the recorded-in-Britain "But It's Alright" on the Calla label (reissued in 1969 by the Warner Bros.-Seven Arts label). According to some sources, the late MTV V.J. was not the same guy who'd recorded that above soul classic.

As someone who was a seriously diehard MTV fan for its first five years, this comes as heartbreaking news. :sad:

I find it quite ironic that this news was actually reported on MTV's website. Seeing as how they spend every other waking moment of the year deliberately forgetting their heritage. :rolleyes:

This is sad news. I truly grew up watching him on MTV. It makes me realize how times fly by, too. One moment we're here....another moment we're gone forever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom