Official Carpenters Website Update;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now there's a K&R Dance In The Old Fashioned Way version?
Know what? For too long I've looked to the A&M archives to unearth this-n-that. At this point due to incredible frustration I'm resolved to embrace the forthcoming SACD and relinquish my quest. Trickle down info is difficult to process.

Jeff

djn said:
RC worked on 25 songs for ATGB? I may have been in the dark here, but all this time I had no idea that so many pieces had been mixed and mastered. Clammering for information regarding this subject has been an uphill battle. Frankly, I'm quite surprised that this revelation has just now come to my attn. These recordings were potential Essential Collection rarities. This would've been the perfect opportunity to introduce us. Here we have solo material not mixed and mastered, or do we? I find myself weary wondering just what in the hoo-hay is the specific motivation behind harboring these important works for over 20 years?

Believe we discussed "Essential Collection" Box Set in some detail on earlier topics ....2002 release was different from possible release -Richard discussed at CPAC event ....at that point this was seen as Universal attempting to "mend bridges" after ATGB disputes ...Uni / A&M wanted to expand the original 1991 Box and improve the sound / overall quality :cool:

Richard mentioned adding more rarities for 2002 release -Hi Moringa advert ( included) , Karen / Ella medley ( included) plus Morton's ads (2 versions) , other short jingles , some extra TV / Radio tracks and 1974 Carpenters Boston Pops medley ..... :o

Due to on-going contractual issues -expect Richard stuck to adding some missing key singles & tracks plus two additions above ....and seeing this as re-issued , improved Box ....great start for newish Carpenters fans ...but lacking the extras (as in 1991) that Carpenterphile collectors seek out & want .... :wink:

There was never an intention to include more Studio / Demos / Live unissued material ....that is possible for future rarities set or another Box ....perhaps 3 CD ...with different structure / music to Essential Collection .... :confused:

Peter

Have not heard from any sources , nor has Richard mentioned that "Good Vibrations " exists as Carpenters Studio , Demo or Live Rehearsal out-takes ...but there could be any of the above in Richard's archive...perhaps another question for the official web-site .... :wink:

"Standards" set with perhaps 2 unissued extras is one of my personal favourite releases for 2005 /2006 ....have asked Richard to consider this different form of compiliation album ....have to await Richard's response .....:cool:

Treasures is a great set of album track favourites .....again Richard should consider a new set ....18/19 years on from 1987 release ....and remix / re-master other album favourites .... :D

Jeff -"not really a question of giving up the quest" ....if you look at post -Karen Carpenters / Solo released material ....always different releases / tracks appearing in one form or another ....we already have wonderful Carpenters legacy / catalog ...more will come along ....probably when least expected ..... :wink:

Peter

Peter-
Glad you asked Richard about a "standards" release.
(Hopefully, you'll have good news. Us, too!)
What are the two unissued extras you mentioned?
Mark

It's interesting that the CFF address is located at 1800 Avenue of the Stars. Karen lived at 2222 Avenue of the Stars.

Makes sense as I deal with an entertainment lawyer who's office is just a couple of blocks from there at the Century Park building. Ironic that the CFF would be so close to Karen's final residence. -Chris

Following in Jeff's footsteps above......

I recvd a response from Richard Carpenter from my most recent questions submitted. Here goes:

1. Has Richard heard Olivia Newton-John's recently released version of 'Rainy Days and Mondays" on her new CD Indigo Women of Song? If so could Richard tell me what he thinks of Olivia's version and the interest this will spark in Carpenters music. Olivia's notes inside her Cd jacket on this song were very sweet.

2. Would Richard ever consider releasing the Single 45 version of "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" to CD. Like he did with the Solitaire Single on Carpenters Gold-35th Anniv CD. I know alot of fans would love for Richard to release this maybe as a bonus track on a upcoming CD. I would also love it too. I pull this 45 single out every year and really enjoy it. I love this song.

Response

Hello Chris,

Thanks for your note. Richard asked me to send his response to your questions:

1. About Olivia Newton-John's release of "Rainy Days and Mondays" - yes, he's aware of it, and has read the liner notes. Very sweet.

2. "Santa Clause is Coming to Town" - You're correct about this not existing on CD. It's possible that this will be included in a project in the future.

Sincerely,

--
Becky B.
Personal Assistant to Richard Carpenter

Looks like the Fans Ask Page is updated although I still see some spaces that look like more will be added.

This is a great way for Richard to explain to us. I love reading this kind of stuff. This is like a kid in a candy store...keeps me yearning for more more more....

...who hopes his questions will get posted one day...

I Keep on getting angreir with his responses to my questions!

I asked about the live albums, quadraphonics, Christmas album, and a few others. All have been negative answers sadly.

WE ALL KNOW MORE CONCERTS WERE RECORDED. It just doesn't make sense. He must not be in it for the money!

That's enough from me!

This latest website update is rather odd : Richard's reply is rather like a half answer on the Live Albums question and whether a future USA live set could be released ..... :confused:

Will have to consider further ...as decidly strange response ....seems Richard is not a fan of live sets by music artists -even his favourites ... :o

Peter

It just doesn't make sense! The Carpenters we FANTASTIC LIVE! Especially the earlier concerts. The CLEAN LIVING MILLIONAIRES bootleg has Karen's voice at her finest!

This?

Approve.jpg

Looks like a form for Richard to fill out on whether or not to approve posts or answers to questions.

I think the webmaster left it there by accident.

Harry

I'd agree with that. I know from experience how easy it is to leave something in that was supposed to be removed when you're in a hurry to get something online!

Thanks Chris for the update.

So nice to see Karen's solo album listed & credited. It's highlighted in purple that's cool since we know her chair was actually that same purple color.

Looking at the Fan's Ask page I noticed there were some questions I had not seen before, someone here also got there question posted about the Rainbow Connection song. That is cool.

This site is really starting to develop. Just waiting for a members only area. :wink:

hello, there. :) Did you check out the Photo Gallery? Since I couldn't go to the TOTW fundraiser, it's good to see the Carpenter family performing.
God only knows what will become of these kids' future but look at their faces. Seems like quite performers. I wonder if they have huge stage fright. I'm already dreaming of them being either a group or solos in the future.I like Colin's expression on his face in particular, who looks like trying to put his emotions into the song. I wish I'd buy a copy of each fundraiser concert cds if they were available.

Check out the official web site, folks! They have added so many new things as of yesterday, the 2nd! There is now an official "Photo Gallery"!! All the areas with new things are listed right at the top of the home page.

Marilyn

Just glad to find the lyrics to Merry Christmas Darling, very suitable for this season.
I just noticed there are some wrong spellings:'A special one for me' is supposed to be 'THE special one for me'.
Also, 'Greeting cards have all be sent', to be 'Greeting cards have all been sent'.
No hard feelings :D I know, the webmistress must be busy before the Christmas rush is thru, as the lyrics say :tongue:

I just wish the cover photo of this 45 sleeve were there, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom