• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Richard Carpenter Automobile Collection Now Showing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris May

Resident ‘Carpenterologist’
Staff member
For all of you automobile fanatics, as well as a few Carpenters fans, Richard Carpenter has finally allowed us to view and marvel at his prized and well cared for automobile collection.

Thanks to both Richard and his assistant Becky Boxberger, you can view this most extensive collection, picture by picture, with complete descriptions by clicking here. Once you've arrived, go down to the "INDEX" and begin browsing. Have fun! -Chris

Nice wheels! It includes my favorite year of Buick Riviera as well...the '65.

Nice cars...Richard is obviously a Mopar man, and that we have in common...my first car was a '64 Plymouth Sports Fury with a 361-2bbl and a Hurst 4-speed, so those Mopars really bring me back.

I wonder if Richard knows that a 440 would beat a Hemi on the street...the engine actually had a little more torque, thus a better low-end response to the throttle, as long as the rear axle ratios were the same. But, with slicks on the strip, the Hemi would find its' legs quicker...

My dad had one of those 1960 Darts, and the tailfins were even bigger than the ones on the Polara...the rearview mirror was on the dash, and he always griped about how it seemed that another car was about to pass him, because those fins were showing up in it.

If you think that the '62 Plymouth was an odd-looking car, you should see some of the styling exercises that DIDN'T make production...one featured an "assymetrical" theme that has three taillights on one side, and only two on the other.

A very nice collection...a couple of the cars were featured in Motor Trend several years ago, but it's really nice to see them featured as a unit.

My favorite has to be the 300-B.

Dan

Yes, a real Chrysler Guy, that Richard! :thumbsup: Nice to see that everything he bought "just to drive", he SAVED!:cool:

Dave

...who after just going in just to look at a "few", actually wound-up looking at EVERYTHING!! :laugh:

Becky ought to submit this page to Car & Driver magazine, I'd bet they'd turn it into an article. Richard sure knows his wheels. I'll bet he had fun writing those pages.

Car & Driver did do a nice two-part article back in 1997 or 1998 featuring RC's car collection. It was very interesting. I am sorry I don't have the exact issue dates or anything... I have copies of the magazines somewhere in my collection.

Randy

In any event, nice set of tires there, Richard! I'd love to give some of those a spin myself, but for now I'll stay with a Pontiac. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom