• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Richard Carpenter Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

song4u

I noticed that the formal site for this has been closed, but I wanted to ask if those of you who heard the interview could share some of the highlights with the rest of us. Thank you! :)

The interview was great! Richard did it by telephone from his home in Thousand Oaks (CA). He seemed very relaxed and candid, and I'm sure was very happy that the topic was focused entirely on their music, and not their personal lives.

He talked about Herb presenting "Close To You" to him for the first time. Also took a couple of fan questions and answered them. His Christmas album will see completion in '07 (and not this year like previously speculated). He also mentions the fact that he has had questions as to whether or not he plans to release a Carpenters album similar to Herb Alpert's "ReWhipped" album. Richard says "absolutely not". He has no interest in doing that with any of the Carpenters' material.

He also mentioned how he's very involved in putting together the "Spring Musical" for (3) of his children, and the overall fact that he is working to finish his Christmas album. Outside of those things, he mentioned that he doesn't want to lose his concentration on those things. Those are his immediate to near future plans.

Overall he sounded cheerful. -Chris

Nice that although long ago, the ideas of what Richard did then, are still fresh in his mind! Glad to see things in his Present regarding his Christamas Album, among other things, are back on track...

Dave

Hope this Christmas album is fantastic- I think the fan base decreases each year as time goes by.

I don't know if I can post this on the forum, but anyway, if you feel the need to remove it..., just remove it.

Here it is... New Richard Interview - MP3 - 7.1 MB

The quality is not as good as the one I've listen to yesterday, but it's good enough. :)

This one might be the highlights only..., I didn't have time to listen to that new file completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom