Richard is recovering from Pneumonia

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAZZ4JEFF

Richard Carpenter was scheduled to make a rare concert appearance on Saturday, May 10th at the scholarship awards at the Thousand Oaks Arts Plaza. However, I noticed that his performance was removed from their website. After I sent a email about Richard to the theater, it turns out Richard has pneumonia. Here is their response:

"Unfortunately, Richard Carpenter is recovering from pneumonia and will not be performing at the Scholarship Competition. Because this event is near and dear to his heart, he is expected to attend and hand deliver the prizes to the winning contestant".

Let's wish for a speedy recovery.

We just returned from vacation and I saw this topic. Does anyone know how he's doing? Chris May, do you know how to find out?

A worried Marilyn

Hi All,

Very brief message .....I attended Richard's Thousand Oaks Event Sat 10/5 as fascinated to see exactly how this was organised & types of music , dance & singing involved .... :wink:

Richard, Mary & 3 children attended with Richard handing out each prize plus overall winner's trophy.....

Richard looked surprisingly strong & his voice was strong & clear on the stage ....probably needs to build up his strength ....& look towards more recording / songwriting projects later this Summer / early Autumn ....:cool:

All in All much better ..... :D

Will post more details when more time allows ...... :)

Best Wishes To All .....

Peter UK

Peter, thanks very much for your post! I do know that it takes about 6 weeks to completely recover from pneumonia. I'm thinking he might have picked up some weird germ in the Phillipines when he was there. Germs picked up in foreign countries can be tough to fight.

A much relieved,
Marilyn

PJ said:
Hi All,

Very brief message .....I attended Richard's Thousand Oaks Event Sat 10/5 as fascinated to see exactly how this was organised & types of music , dance & singing involved .... :wink:

Richard, Mary & 3 children attended with Richard handing out each prize plus overall winner's trophy.....

Richard looked surprisingly strong & his voice was strong & clear on the stage ....probably needs to build up his strength ....& look towards more recording / songwriting projects later this Summer / early Autumn ....:cool:

All in All much better ..... :D

Will post more details when more time allows ...... :)

Best Wishes To All .....

Peter UK

Peter, thank you very much for the update!! Much relieved, too.

I'm looking forward to your next post, Peter!! Thanks.

20080507-114256-pic-100598114_t220.jpg

http://media.venturacountystar.com/.../05/07/20080507-114256-pic-100598114_t600.jpg
( http://www.venturacountystar.com/news/2008/may/08/no-headline---g43vgostage08sg/ )

Sakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom