1. A&M Corner can now be found on Instagram! Follow us on our new account at @a.m.corner .
    You may also follow us on Twitter: @amcorner.
  2. We have received word that UMe is aware of the problem with the Carpenters vinyl releases, both the box sets and the individual LPs, and has offered a solution. To receive a replacement, send a proof of purchase to UMGCustomerSupport@umusic.com. UMe prefers email, but those who prefer phone contact may call 1-800-288-5942 to speak to Customer Support.

"Tryin' to Get the Feeling Again"

Discussion in 'A Song For You: The Carpenters Forum' started by Actorman, Jun 14, 2006.

1. ThaFunkyFakeTation

ThaFunkyFakeTation Ah am so steel een luv weeth yoo

It was actually one of the Wiki people doing it. He decided that a few Hall & Oates songs were Jazz (they aren't) and when I sited examples of how they aren't, they reverted each one and threatened to have my editing privileges revoked. I haven't bothered with it since. I have a life to lead...LOL!

Ed

CARPENTERS-COLLECTOR likes this.
  2. GaryAlan

GaryAlan Well-Known Member

Thanks, Ed for providing that perspective.

In any event, regarding the song
    Trying To Get The Feeling Again....
    It represents (imho) a fine example of where Karen's voice was at in January 1975.
    Given the manner in which the song vacillates between the higher and lower notes,
    I can understand where the decision was made to keep it off of Horizon,
    as most of the vocals on that LP linger, and remain, "in the basement".....
    still.....what a great Carpenters' song.....
    It really should have been completed at that time, 1975.

3. CARPENTERS-COLLECTOR

CARPENTERS-COLLECTOR Active Member

U.K
    seems crazy to allow the public to edit stuff, then call them liers afterwards :confused:

ThaFunkyFakeTation likes this.
  4. GaryAlan

GaryAlan Well-Known Member

Gee, I believe a forum member (not I) did some good deeds on Wiki......
    An update shows:
    The Wiki page has been edited, and it now (1/20/2018) reads:
    "The Carpenters' version of "Tryin' to Get the Feeling Again" was recorded during the Horizon sessions in 1975, but it had been shelved as being "one too many ballads". Years later, Richard was looking for the master backing track for "Only Yesterday" and discovered on that same tape the lost, earlier attempt at "Tryin' to Get the Feeling Again" with Karen's "work lead." (A work lead can easily be identified by such anomalies as Karen flipping a sheet of paper over at about 1:50 into the play time of the song as she sight reads and sings.) Richard felt that the vocal was good enough to finish production of the song and release it, as he did in 1994, almost 20 years after it was recorded."

5. Just goes to show you that Wikipedia is as good a source as your neighbor...

CraigGA likes this.
  6. Bobberman

Bobberman Well-Known Member

Very True and In Relative context Some neighbors are Reliable and Some Aren't. Which is why i always take a "Wait and See" Approach to Everything..