• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

35th Anniversary Box Set Numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news Neil, let us know what you think.

What about you Andrew? Haven't heard from you.

I played Offering in my car today & am amazed how great this sounds, I am now really getting into Ticket to Ride version much more now. Someday sounds alot better to me also. I can really tell it has been cleaned up with this Remastering. Sounds alot better on this boxed CD set than my old Ticket to Ride original Cd.

..who is still enjoying Offering from the new box set....

The courier just delivered my box set!! :)

I got number #000858

I'm so pleased I purchased this set, it is just gorgeous!

I'm off to listen to them now.... :wink:

Laura

Well I had the cheapest shipping possible (6 to 8 days) so I look for it around Tuesday or Wednesday.

I just about can't wait for it :!:

Oh I didn't know that CDJapan had a cheaper rate for shipping, I thought there were only 2 kinds, The EMS with a Tracking # (which is what I got) and then a more expensive overnight shipping without the EMS #.

If I had known there was a lower shipping rate I would have opted for that. Oh well.

I would have opted for the EMS shipping had I known that it wan't that much more expensive. I paid $294.38 for mine. I think that with the EMS it was only $301.

I'm still waiting :!:

Andrew,

I chose the airmail option too (not EMS option) and I received my package in New Zealand this morning. It only took 4 days from Japan which was pretty fast I thought.

Laura

Yep Chris,

Fantastic. Haven't had a chance to listen to anything yet. I've got 3 days off in a row so I may listen to all of the almbums chronologically in some crazy Carpenters marathon (and I don't mean how many chairs I could make in any limited time).

The set looks gorgeous, the dinky albums are great. Liner notes are well written and interesting(though I'd have loved much more. . .the amount he spent on each album I'd have loved to have seen spent on each song)

Also I felt he put himself down too much when he said his drug problem resulted in him not putting enough creativity into Hush and Passage. Hush, fair enough, but to me he comes up with some of his most innovative and sophisticated arrangements for Passage (All You Get...., Sweet, Sweet, Smile, Two Sides, Calling Occupants) Oh well, Genius' are hard on themselves.

Anyway, it's no. 000310.

Looking forward to listening, and really worth every penny,

Neil

I finally got mine today :!: :!: :!:

The number is 326.

I think that I will wait and open it on my B-day in April so it will be even more special. :happybirthday: :D

Greetings all,

the kind folks at A&M have just sent me a "Carps Care Package" and to my delight, they included the box set. I have not opened it yet but I was amazed to find such a low number on it. No. 000030.

If there is anyone in the GTA who wants to make me an offer in Canadian currency, feel free. Otherwise I will open and enjoy it for sure!

Best,
Mark SLS

Hi Marc,

I just saw your message regarding the box set. I live in the GTA! How much would you like for the set? I own most of the albums on vinyl, however, I'm very interested in the package. I can't afford the high price I've seen it selling for, therefore, I'm hoping (desperately) to find it for a good price. Eagerly awaiting your reply...

Thanks, Amit

I got my credit card bill for this box set I ordered from Japan & was happily suprised to see that I was only charged $299.70 instead of the email amount of $309.42 that was originally quoted. Not a huge diff but I'll take it.

Did you all get that reduced price too?

I've not gotten the bill, but that's happened to me too, where the exchange rate becomes more favorable on the date that the item is posted. Hey, a $10 discount is worth mentioning.

Harry
...loving this "Quick Reply" thing, online...

Question? Are the 35th Ann discs the Remastered Classics series? I'm probably the planet's last fanatic to obtain the collection. However, never fear, the first week of March is jackpot!

Sweet destiny,

Jeff

Yes, they are all the original album mixes, just like the 1998 Remastered Classics series. Whether they are EXACTLY the same is still a subject for debate, as some claim that this new Japanese set sounds better. I'm not convinced yet.

Congrats on your purchase, and enjoy!

Harry
...looking forward to a nice-weather weekend, online...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom