Andrew's site with Carpenters photos!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andrew...

Just great! The wedding photo is my favorite of all...doesn't she look absolutely amazing?

Thanks so much for the update!! :)

Jon

...wowed by Karen's beauty...

Thanks for sharing these great photos andrew!! I love the shot from the KFRC radio jingle! I love
that jingle so much that it stays in my head all the time!

JIM

Nice start Andrew, I too love that wedding photo, I also love that one in the wedding dress where she is holding the bouquet & looking at herself in the mirror, really nice!!! I think I saw that on Murray's site? Yeah I think it was his.

I wish I knew about web-paging, it confusing for me. Of course with my ISP I have web space available & they allow you to use 2 different formats: Template or FTP. From what I can remember the template doesn't let me upload any audio clips just include pics, like yours, but the FTP you can upload files to like audio to share with someone. But the FTP site is not a real web page but just like an index place. I don't know but I tried reading about all that stuff one night & I was getting more & more flusterated so I just gave up.

Good Luck W/ your site, I'm sure it will be great.

Andrew, what a wonderful selection of photos! I am very fond of the ones with Karen goofing off. She must have been a lot of fun to be around. How nice it would have been to have known her. Sigh!

Good luck with your site!

Marilyn

and now we have music too. I have never seen that photo before of Karen with the Minnie Mouse shirt on before. Why have I not seen this photo. :?:

What year is that photo? Karen's hair makes me think it was getting close to the MIA album as her hair length is little shorter, 1978/1979 ????

I like that photo, since I like Disney, it's almost like you could be seeing Karen wear that today and the time really wasn't back in the late 70's.

I wonder if Karen could be outside one of the Disney resort hotels wearing this shirt. (Ok my imagination is rooming a wee bit here) :wink:

I have some more rare photos that I will post. That may take a while since I am busy with semester exams!

I would say that the photo was taken in 1981. But I really am no expert! :D

I think that just about every Carpenters photo I have seen was on a really old site owed by Barry Biliki (sp?) I remember stumbling upon it when I first came on the net years & years ago, I think the site is still on but is not updated anymore. It used to be called abc something & changed to this url. I think it has like over 400 photos or something, it's quite amazing to see all those photos in one place. It was this site that I first saw that pic of Karen in the chair with shorts on holding the baby which I think is her god-child (sp?) If you have an hour to spare there is lots to see there. For some reason thought that java always freezing up my system. Here's the url I'm speaking of.

www.karencarpenter.net

Edit, oh here is the old addy I think

http://solo3.abac.com/nstar/

Well then, since every photo is out there, I guess I will have to dedicate my site to something else. Maybe....hmmm...

I'm sure that site doesn't have every photo, just pointing out that I've never seen another site on the net that has "that" many photo all in one place. It's a rather old site & like I said it is never updated.

I'm sure someone here on this forum knows that person who runs that site.

I'm also sure there are more Carpenters photos that have never been put on the net, so don't stop with your site just because of someone elses site. :)

oh i am not stopping. I just have to change directions. Instead of putting rare photos, I will have to think of something else. Any ideas?

Hey Andrew. Its the thought that
counts! Anyone who knows you from
this site knows how much thought
you have expressed in your love for
the Carpenters and that gives your
site a personal unique quality.
Keep up the good work!
JIM

Andrew,

If I Were A Carpenter I'd be proud to call you a fan. I identify with the passion of collecting and the satisfaction that comes from its practice. for so long I was something of a light in a dark place where K&R were concerned. While carrying a torch thru-out the acid/metal rock era it appeared that I was the only person in the Pacific Northwest with any taste. Lonely in a way. However this forum, its members and enthusiasts such as yourself are an island in a stormy sea.

Jeff

Andrew, please don't stop putting up your photos! I haven't seen many of them. The one of Karen with the baby is interesting if you look at the way that little one is looking at her!!

Years ago I went on Barry's site, the one Chris was referring to. I know I recall seeing pictures of Richard and Mary with Kristi as a baby on his site, but do you think I can find them?!! I wish he had better labels so we can refind things. He does have some really good ones. I just never tire of seeing them.

Hope all your exams are over.

Marilyn,
waiting for it to rain on this cold and dreary Memorial Day.

Marilyn,

I don't know which pictures are on which page of Barry's, either. Although I remember Karen's picture with god child(?) on his site, I don't remember if I saw pictures of Richard and Mary with Kristi as a baby on his site.
There is a picture of Richard and Mary with their baby on GettyImages.com.
http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/CFW/imageResults.aspx?s=ImagesSearchState|0|15|0|1|||0|0|0|0|4|Richard+Carpenter&p=4
I love Karen and Richard at studio picture, Grammy picture and Karen with mic (this is on "Karen Carpenter" page, you can see it when you type "Karen Carpenter" in search box.)

Sakura

Sakura, thank you, thank you,!!!! The photo of Richard with Mary and Kristi is different from the one I have seen. There are some great photos here, also of Karen if you do a search for "Karen Carpenter". I've bookmarked this website.

Marilyn,
who wishes she could remember things better! :tongue:

When linking to that Getty site, one photo in the gallery was captioned with Elvis Costello and Richard Carpenter. Kind of looks like Richard, but what's he doing on the drums? And what was he doing on stage with Elvis Costello? Am I seeing things?

According to Artist Direct Search, another Richard Carpenter plays the drums.

The following was on International Carpenters Fan Club Newsletter:
Q: Has Karen ever tried to teach Richard to play drums? A. No.

Sakura

Calivin R. Murty sent me a pic of his GOLD Yesterday Once More CD set so I posted the pic along with a description.

You can see it here

Thanks, Sakura! I thought I was going crazy for a moment there. I wonder if that "drummer" got (or gets) a lot of comments about being "Richard Carpenter" and playing Karen's instrument.

Shannon

You are welcome, Shannon.

Calivin and Andrew,

Thank you for sharing the picture with us.

Isn't there "as time goes by" under the disk?
Is CD under "Ticket To Ride" "Singels 1969-1973"?
Are "as time goes by" and "Singles" available in Singapore?

Sakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom