• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

🎵 12" SotW Bryan Adams, "Let Me Take You Dancing" SP-12014

Most of those A&M 12" disco singles seem to haveYellow label for the A-side and Red for the B-side. I'll admit to owning several of them: the Adams one and Lani Hall ones being my favorites!

--Mr Bill

As the late Casey Kasem said on "American Top 40 Radio" back in 1983, now listen to this... this is the song that he wants to forget....details coming up!! Then it was the song "Cuts Like A Knife" that was heard.

Most of those A&M 12" disco singles seem to haveYellow label for the A-side and Red for the B-side. I'll admit to owning several of them: the Adams one and Lani Hall ones being my favorites!

--Mr Bill
The few I bought locally were the standard tan/silver label. I've never checked to see if there is a pattern as to when the yellow or red labels appeared. Not a big deal though, as I buy the records for the music, not which label is plastered on the vinyl. (Yeah, I'm at the "I don't really give a crap" point in my life. As long as it sounds right, that is what matters to me.)

I'm gonna guess that this forum section wasn't originally Soul/R&B/Funk/Urban. LOL!! Few things are further from those genres than this...thing.

Ed

To be fair, it did play often here on R&B/funk/dance stations locally back in the day.

If you're interested in hearing this hard-to-find rarity, it's currently up on Soundcloud, all 5:31 of it (slightly up-cut at the start). I'm sure it's a matter of time before it's taken down.

...and if you want to play around with the raised-pitch voice, I find in Audacity that lowering the pitch by two semi-tones seems to bring it to the more-familiar Bryan Adams range.

Back
Top Bottom