Carpenters rare video clips

Carpenters were on The Ed Sullivan Show October 18, 1970. The second clip I have no idea about, but her hair seems consistent with their appearance at the White House May of 1973. Perhaps I should just let more knowledgeable members reply first.

again my channel! i had a question about the carpenters on the bob hope special! if you search on google ¨carpenters bob hope special¨ you get pictures with karen drumming! it was the same episode of were they performed ¨a song for you¨ but does anybody know were that footage is or what they are singing there?
regards Chris Bruinsma

btw here i have a list of many tv appearences of the carpenters (not all)
your all american college show have
Della Reese special don´t have

lohman & barkley show don´t have
virginia graham special don´t have
the dating game have
don knotts show don´t have
David Frost special had but removed
Ed sullivan show had but removed
Ed sullivan show have
tonight show johnny carson don´t have
american bandstand dick clark don´t have

peggy fleming special don´t have
andy williams special have
this is your life have
grammy awards have
johnny cash have
tonight show don´t have
myokom have
myokom have
myokom have
today show don´t have
myokom have
myokom have
5th dimension traveling sunshine show have
myokom have
myokom have
carol burnett show have
tonight show don´t have
french tv medley have

Ed sullivan show don´t have
Carol burnett show have
jerry visits-jerry dunphy have
grammy awards have
academy awards have
london bridge special have
bob hope special have but not entire special
live at budokan have

Robert young with the young have
tonight show have
perry como christmas special don´t have

grammy awards have
boston pops concert have
perry como christmas special have
carpenters jim croce special have
live budokan have
live grand gala disque have
live RAI only top of the world

american music awards have

midnight special-paul anka have
the carpenters very first television special have

tonight show-steve martin have
dorothy hamill special have
the carpenters at christmas have

abc television-25th anniversary have
carpenters space encounters have
tonight show have
mickey mouse 50th birthday have
carpenters christmas portrait have
thank you rock and roll have
bruce forsyth show have
TOPPOP sweet sweet smile have

public service announcement have

20/20 tribute to herb alpert have
music music music have
interview DEDE music have

interview swap shop have
french tv top of the world have
live in LA japan tv have
french tv touch me when were dancing have
TOPPOP touch me when were dancing have
german tv beechwoood and top of the world have

From video to audio....I find this early interview fascinating:
Richard Carpenter: "It's not work at all...the only work we do is lifting the amplifiers." (5m11s).
The love and respect for Frank Pooler (their choir director) is evident.

Richard: "It's hard to see Karen". Obviously she hasn't been removed from her drums yet. The interview was great. Really shows that wide-eyed enthusiasm and creativity they possessed early on. When their star was on the rise.

Did the Carpenters attend the Academy Awards for 1971 when Petula sang FOR ALL WE KNOW? I know there is a video on youtube but very grainy, as well as the songwriters accepting the award and thanking Karen and Richard.

What about the Academy Awards for 1972...I know there is a pic of Karen wearing a blouse, a big wide belt and a puffy like patchwork floor length skirt and RC at the piano...they were lip-syncing to Bless The Beasts and the Children....I've never seen a video of that....it would be awesome to see if there was one. Also, does there exist a LIVE version of it sung by the Carpenters?

Cam

Hi
I dont think Carpenters attended 1971 Academy awards.Yes they did in April 1972 i wish this performance would surface on youtube as just about every Carpenters TV apperances are on youtube.Also never heard any live version of Bless the Beasts and the Children.

again my channel! i had a question about the carpenters on the bob hope special! if you search on google ¨carpenters bob hope special¨ you get pictures with karen drumming! it was the same episode of were they performed ¨a song for you¨ but does anybody know were that footage is or what they are singing there?
regards Chris Bruinsma
When they appeared on the 1972 Bob Hope Special, they performed Top Of The World with Karen drumming.

The words and video are off timing-wise, but it’s the same interview. It’s from an L.A. news station interview with Len Marrimer (sp?) recorded at A&M in August of 1981. I always thought Karen seemed a little melancholy in this clip.

The words and video are off timing-wise, but it’s the same interview. It’s from an L.A. news station interview with Len Marrimer (sp?) recorded at A&M in August of 1981. I always thought Karen seemed a little melancholy in this clip.
Thank you! So have you seen the whole interview? Is there a longer video out there?

Back
Top Bottom