• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Duets with Karen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie D

This has probably been talked about on here many times but I thought it would be interesting to think about what male singers Karen could have done a duet with.

I think that a really interesting one for sure could have been with Colin Blunstone. Like Karen, he has possibly the most distinctive singing voice of his gender and a richly wistful, melancholic tone. Their warm, calm voices wrapping around each other would have been ethereal magic. I'm not sure what song they could have done, but Karen's alto would have complimented Colin's breathy tenor beautifully.

What do you guys think?

Barry Manilow, Art Garfunkel and George Benson to start.

I did always wonder what a recorded duet with John Denver would have sounded like. I know he was on one of their specials, but I don't remember a duet. I am going to have to watch it again. I know Olivia Newton-John and Karen were great friends and John and Olivia's "Fly Away" was amazing. I am curious if it was ever suggested.

Barry Manilow, Art Garfunkel and George Benson to start.

I did always wonder what a recorded duet with John Denver would have sounded like. I know he was on one of their specials, but I don't remember a duet. I am going to have to watch it again. I know Olivia Newton-John and Karen were great friends and John and Olivia's "Fly Away" was amazing. I am curious if it was ever suggested.
It's your lucky day....

:wink:

It's your lucky day....

:wink:

[/QUOTE

Barry, WOW !

It was a great as I thought it would be, and YES you made my day. Of course, now I wish they had recorded at least one duet.
Also, they look so natural together. I remember the Tonight Show when they were both guests and thought then how natural they were.
Thanks so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom