Music Scene Appearence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jilanha

Today I received my copy of Music Scene and I IMMEDIATELY popped it in my DVD player so I could finally watch Sergio & Brasil 66 peform Ye-Me-Le and Wichita Lineman. WELL......I was disappointed for several reasons. They only showed Rubens Bassini and Sebastiao Neto for a few seconds. Lani Hall wasn't even smiling.She looked EXTREMELY TENSE and she was HARDLY dancing.Karen Philipp sure was dancing and smiling, she seemed to be having a fun time BUT in a GOOOFY WAY.Was she HIGH on something or what?!! Maybe Karen & Rubens were drinkig that darn SAKI again. Karen & Lani were dressed UGLY too. WHERE the H@$% did they get their oufits from? :wtf:

How did you like David Steinberg's pronunciation of Sergio Mendes? If you look VERY closely (magnifying glass recommended), Lani does almost smile at the very end. And, as someone old enough to actually have seen this the night it was originally broadcast, it was disappointing for another reason--Music Scene billed itself in those days as the show where the artists performed "live"--and both of Sergio's tunes that night were obviously lip-synched, though at least he did play acoustic piano over the Wichita Lineman Rhodes.

David NEEDS to learn how to TALK! I don't know what Lani's problem was. MY guess is that Lani was maybe suffering from stage fright. I never saw the original broadcast because I wasn't born into the world until June 10, 1971. ( Yes, I share my birthday with Joao Gilberto and Judy Garland.) I did take notice of Sergio playing his piano live on Wichita Lineman, he wasn't bad at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom