New Carpenters collection due 2/10 w/three unreleased tracks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the song but I think it is too slow and childlike sounding to be played own the radio. However, anyother of the Carpenters songs should be playing on the radio except California Dreamin'. I just don't like that song. Although Karen's voice is harsh, that is not the problem that I have with it. My problem is the arrangement. Just don't like it.

It's interesting to hear that "Rainbow Connection" is getting some airplay,but I've got one better.A local jazz station here on Long Island(NY) has been playing "A Song For You" and "This Masquerade" on a regular rotation since it came on the airwaves last year.So,I'm able hear Karen in the company of Frank Sinatra,Miles Davis,Stan Getz,Harry Connick and Diana Krall.Who said Karen couldn't crossover?(Incidentally,they play the remixed versions).

Our station regularly plays both "A Song For You" and "This Masquerade" along with quite a few other Carpenters tunes. It's great to have "Rainbow Connection" mixed in as well.

Harry
...hoping it will spur interest in GOLD and Carpenters, online...

Yesterday, I returned from my little vacation in Hamburg, and I found CARPENTERS GOLD in my mail. I had ordered it from amazon.de, and it is actually an import CD, shipped by Caiman D.C., based in Miami, Florida.

Here in Germany, you only can obtain this new compilation as an import.

I just read the booklet. Nothing much new in the liner notes, but Richard's introduction is different from what I've read before.

Glad I have it now!

Bruno
heavy snowfall in freezing Germany

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom