• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Only Yesterday song...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cam89

Hey All,
I really am just so fascinated with this song. I love the whole feel...the sad part of the song which is so emotional...and I love that it will turn into a happier, clouds leaving...sun coming out...type of song. She had that "ache" quality in her voice, that I think so many of us could relate to. And John Bettis was great at lyric writing...and then Karen was able to convey her feeling into a song.

When the harmony part comes on it is amazing. What I especially love is that when listening to the background harmonies, and singing along, there are so many background "avenues" you can take, and so you have to listen to this song to figure it out.

Wonderful song! Her voice is so soothing and could melt butter in that regard. So silky! I always love going to sleep with that voice playing by my bedside...it's just wonderful and relaxing.

My thoughts,
Cameron
www.carponline.bravepages.com
[email protected]

I too like this song. But mostly I like the video. It was filmed at Huntington Gardens in Southern California and, as a teenager I got to go their on a feild trip. It was great to see all those "landmarks" from the video. I could picture Karen on the Japanese bridge and wanted to take a picture of myself on it for "yucks and giggles." Unfortunately, the general public was not allowed to access the bridge.

Hi Shannon,
I always felt that Karen looked lovely on the ONLY YESTERDAY video. Although she looked a bit too thin...but she had lovely hair, and a nice outfit. I also liked that they had clips of her in the recording studio although it was prob just for the video but it was still neat. It was a neat song and neat video!!

Cam
www.carponline.bravepages.com
[email protected]

What can I say? IT'S JUST MY MOST FAVORITE SONG EVER!!! FROM ANY PERIOD OF TIME OR ANY ARTIST!!!!

This song introduced me to the Carpenters, I was astonished how could anyone ever sound that good!!! I've never heard nothing as good as it before, never!!!

My favorite song, from my favorite album with my favorite clip!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom