Other MALE Singers

Besides Boz Scaggs "Silk Degrees" album, I also liked the 1994 album "Some Change" (complete 10 songs) (audio only)

Since Harry’s comment about him sounding like Kermit The Frog, I can’t listen to any of his songs without starting laughing.

Since Harry’s comment about him sounding like Kermit The Frog, I can’t listen to any of his songs without starting laughing.
Ha! Well, while Boz sounds a little like he has the proverbial "frog in his throat", Kermit doesn't sound at all like one would expect from a horny little bullfrog, but more like one who was kicked in the groin by Miss Piggy for making unsolicited advances...

Now, if you want to take a shot at sounding like the severely incapacitated Kermit here is some expert professional instruction:

The story behind that is that some time back in the 80s, the radio station I worked for had Boz Scaggs "We're All Alone" from his SILK DEGREES album in the rotation. It was playing one day as I passed my program director in the hallway and he said "Ladies and gentlemen, Kermit T. Frog --- "

And like you, now, every time I hear a Boz Scaggs, I get a chuckle and think of his green-ness, Kermit.

In 1982, K&R mentioned a few trending albums that they were enjoying. One of them was Donald Fagan’s Nightfly. This was Fagan’s first solo studio album which was released in 1982. Here is the first single release and a pretty amazing song from that album, I.G.Y (What a Beautiful World)

Colin Blunstone, lead singer of the Zombies who had Number One singles with 'She's not There' and 'Time of the Season'. Colin also recorded solo, with the Alan Parsons Project and Keats and with various other outfits.

Last edited:
A live version of The Alan Parsons project, 'Old and Wise' (from 'Eye In the Sky'), performed by the original vocalist from the recording, Colin Blunstone.

Does anyone remember this single released by David Soul? I’ve always loved this, and have an old (pristine) vinyl 45 on my jukebox at home. It reached number 1 here in the UK.

He went on to star in Starsky and Hutch of course, but my favourite of all his TV appearances was Salem’s Lot, which terrified me as a kid. I recently found it online and it’s aged well and still a great watch.

One man that I really liked for his singing was the late Mac Davis. I first heard him on The Tonight Show and then his song Baby Don't Get Hooked On Me starting getting airplay. I ended up over the years buying nearly his entire catalog on Columbia and still have them. I did not care for Hard To Be Humble but I did like Texas In My Rear-view Mirror.
Mac was an excellent writer as well. In The Ghetto is a true classic.

I can probably count the number of songs in my life that have stopped me dead in my tracks and this is definitely one of them.

I heard this on a random Spotify playlist a couple of years ago and immediately tears welled in my eyes...to this day I don't even know why, but it still has the same effect on me every time I hear it. Something about the melancholy arrangement, the chord changes, his voice, the lyrics and the way the song builds. Even though it's a country arrangement, it's very reminiscent to me of Richard's own arrangements and song structuring...'Something In Your Eyes' springs to mind. It's just a perfect song that I loved from first hear.

The late Mac Davis 1974 song "One Hell Of A Woman" is my favorite from Mac. Also Vikki Carr did the remake also in 1974.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom