Rise Marimba Track

Mr Bill

Gentlemanly Curmudgeon
Staff member
Well, now we know how that one guy who posted here a while back was able to do that awesome remix!

At first I thought the L and R were reversed... But that's because as a marimba player I am "behind" the instrument.... This is correct of you're in front of it! :laugh:

--Mr Bill

TjbBmb

He must of gotten the original marimba track, no? There appears to be parts that were edited out.

Mr Bill

Gentlemanly Curmudgeon
Staff member
I don't know... this seems to be the FULL marimba part, including parts that Herb (and Randy/Andy) may have mixed down (out) of the final released version.... I've played this along with my album and (aside from a slight time slippage), it's pretty much Julius's part completely isolated. An it IS AWESOME!

I'm just amazed at how "isolated" the track is if Herb had all the musicians together at once. Even the best "isolation" booths have some degree of bleed through. My church album had each of us recorded individually and that would've been the only way I can see to isolate each instrument..

--Mr Bill

Mr Bill

Gentlemanly Curmudgeon
Staff member
You CAN faintly hear the opening synth strike at the start of the cut. But the rest is surprisingly isolated.

Top Bottom