Pat Metheny Group: American Garage. "Across The Heartland."

Baja Marimba Band - Watch Out!

Steely Dan - Aja

Claudine Longet - Colours

War - The Best Of War

Van Halen - Van Halen (1st album)

Andre Kostelanetz - Wonderland of Opera

Cheap Trick - All Shook Up

Meggadittos Seashore! "Borders, Language, and Culture". That is what America needs, yes, I heard that bit of news. Dr. Savage is a powerful force to be reckoned with, and yes, we shall leave the politics aside. Is'nt it great to live in America?
On another note, I'm seeing many great artists mentioned all over this post. Hallelujah! Rosemary Clooney and Perez Prado, what a great dynamic duo. I also love her "Cool, Cool, Cool Of The Evening". I sure wish I could say good things about her nephew "Looney" or whatever his name is. I saw his revisionist McCarthy bashing movie. It was entertaining, but not very insightful. In fact it was nothing more than propaganda from the "Blame America First Crowd" but that is only my not so humble opinion. That movie had a very good soundtrack however, it's most redeeming feature. I believe the title of that agitprop film was "Good Night and Good Luck".
Bill Withers IS a very good singer and a fine composer. Highly under-rated, as is Harold Melvin and the Bluenotes. Ooohhh the great Philadelphia sound!
Yazmin, I was happy to see your comment here amiga! Saludos! In fact, I am receiving many geat emails from A&M fans from Latin America, and all I can say is that A&M LIVES and BREATHES life into many Souls around the World. Keep The Faith. :)

Last night I listened to my homemade compiilation-in-progress, "The best of Sergio Mendes' first three A&M albums" on my computer, which includes all but about four or five songs from those three LPs.

Haven't listened to anything so far today...just not in a music mood I guess.

XM64: The Groove. ("Old school" R&B.)

That's on until I start hitting the rekkids again.

Mike Blakesley said:
currently playing: Walter Wanderley, Kee-Ka-Roo; Marcos Valle, Samba '68; Johnny Hammond, Breakout; J & K SP 3016; Azymuth, Tightrope Walker.

What do you have, like 5 stereos playing at the same time?? :D

Yep, makes for one hell of a sound! :oneeye:

Reading these posts I find myself severely deficient in solo Ms. Lani Hall recordings. Why didn't I pick up Sun Down Lady when I saw it a year ago?

Steven J. Gross said:
I'm a huge Dr. Michael Savage fan, btw- so I will check him out in 90 mins I'm sure...

Spice Girls- Say You'll Be There

Interesting point you raise- up here on WRKO in Boston, Dr. Savage's broadcast is continually delayed by three hours; our station recently started carrying Celtics basketball exclusively during his normal air time. Now they're on to their seventeenth consecutive loss!

As Savage would say, "It's unbelievable to me! That's my opinion, how do you like that??" :thumbsup:

seashorepiano said:
Mike Blakesley said:
What do you have, like 5 stereos playing at the same time?? :D
Yep, makes for one hell of a sound! :oneeye:

I'm not too far from that here. Sometimes I'll forget and leave the XM on in the kitchen. And I'll have my main system fired up and playing vinyl. One of the kids will be in the back room playing the GameCube or watching a movie. And then I'll briefly want to hear something online or from the hard drive on my computer.

Mayhem. Hurts my little brain. :agree:

Now playing--Pat Metheny/Lyle Mays: As Falls Wichita, So Falls Wichita Falls. Yep, playing it again. :thumbsup:

Today is a different day...

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Mother's Milk
Roger Williams - Till
Denny Doherty - Watcha Gonna Do?
Burt Bacharach - Reach Out
Yoko Ono - A Story
The Churls - The Churls
Electric Light Orchestra - Zoom!

I have a Bobby Goldsboro CD, which if not for also coming with a Biographical DVD, would'a just left in the Bin at the store I bought it at either for a late-Christmas Present or a VERY Early Birthday Gift...

The album is entitled Brand New Kind Of Love, which does not even have the song, "Brand New...", despite the title... Very disappointing as the songs are Re-Recorded "Karioke-styled" versions, obviously contrived by some Coked-Out Producer, which appear on another CD which I once had, Hello Summertime, which has the tracks included on this CD, plus a few more, some rather "throwaway"... (Bobby actually had copies of this For Sale at his show I saw a couple of years ago, too...)

There are Fourteen songs, plus a Fifteenth track, which features Bobby in a Brief Interview with Wink ("Deck Of Cards") Martindale--another reason why a CD+plus DVD for the price of a CD, alone, seemed like a fairly reasonable buy... I'm gonna give that another spin as I fall asleep... :)

Someday, though, I'm gonna have to play my Mickey Newbury CD's (the complete recordings 1969-1981 and RCA Years, plus) though in this day and age some of his stuff gets hard to sit through; another "project to burn"... --I would like to review them here, too... :neutral:inkshield:

Dave

I've been listening to Adrian Legg's MRS. CROWE'S BLUE WALTZ and Chet Atkins' READ MY LICKS in the car...

Dan

In the car stereo tonight: My "part 2" of the "best of Sergio Mendes & Brasil '66" which covers FOOL ON THE HILL through YE-ME-LE. "Festa" was playing when I got to work.

(My 2-disk B'66 collection is a lot like the British "very best of Brasil '66" but I took out a lot of the YE tracks and put in a lot of FOOL tracks...not to mention the title song of CRYSTAL ILLUSIONS.)

I'm playing through more of my Pat Metheny collection today--I already have a 3-CD compilation I've made of his recordings, and I'm contemplating a fourth, as I've discovered more of his songs I'd like to put on a Best Of set.

Today I pulled out the following lps and played them....so far.

Mystic Moods Orthestra - Emotions
Baja Marimba Band - Heads Up
Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass - Warm
The Carpenters - Passage
Roger Williams - Mr. Piano
Black Sabbath - Master Of Reality
Floyd Cramer - Only The Big Ones

...the day is still young.... More to follow...

Listening to the radio at work, (KIKC Country....not my choice believe me)

And in the music department, XM is playing on channel 40 "Deep Tracks."

Still listening to FOOL ON THE HILL tracks from Sergio Mendes in my vehicle, and planning on listening to "Car Talk" over the Net while doing my daily bookwork later this afternoon.

Bobbyvox said:
Black Sabbath - Master Of Reality

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: "Children Of The Grave" and "Sweet Leaf" are my favorites on that one!

Now playing at Casa Rudy: Bob James & David Sanborn, Double Vision.

... and the day goes on...

John Lennon - Mind Games
Neil Young - After The Gold Rush
Glen Campbell - Galveston
XTC - Skylarking
The Carpenters - Made In America
Electric Light Orchestra - Eldorado
Van Halen - The Best Of Both Worlds

NP: Walter Wanderley/Astrud Gilberto, A Certain Smile, A Certain Sadness

(Has anyone heard Johnny Hammond's Wild Horses Rock Steady?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom