The "What Are You Listening To Right Now?" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a day of variety for me.

In vehicle: Alan Parsons Project THE DUTCH COLLECTION (Disk 2) - remasters, sound great!

At work: TJB Volume 2

Right now at home: TJB The Brass Are Comin (in the original LP order)

I go in streaks, sometimes I"ll listen to the TJB or Mendes every day for awhile, other times I won't hear them for weeks. Right now I'm in an Alpert phase due to the new releases.

Mike Blakesley said:
I go in streaks, sometimes I"ll listen to the TJB or Mendes every day for awhile, other times I won't hear them for weeks. Right now I'm in an Alpert phase due to the new releases.

That sounds like me too. I've been in pretty much a non-stop TjB mode for the last week with the new releases.

Yesterday I broke the all-TjB pattern with a spin of Carpenters ULTIMATE COLLECTION, the British version, figuring that set needed to be seriously listened to all the way through. When it first arrived, I skimmed through it determining that there were only remixes on it. Then, in quick succession, it seemed that the Japanese singles box set was right behind it, and took over. So yesterday, I decided to delve into THE ULTIMATE COLLECTION to see *which* remixes are used. On my way home I got through about half of the first disc, and the "Superstar" mix seemed a lirrle different to me. I think it might be the new remix from the SACD.

Harry

audiofile said:
I have been listening to Paul Desmond's Summertime all day!

After the snowstorm we had yesterday, I'd call that a case of wishful thinking! :D

Playing while I work--Henry Mancini: "Arabesque" soundtrack.

audiofile said:
Will do. I'm trying to get my hands on Nat Adderley's CTI albums. What are they like?

Calling Out Loud: http://www.amcorner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7628

You, Baby: http://www.amcorner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7287

Here are the links to still-open discussions on the two albums he recorded for A&M. Personally, his second recording, Calling Out Loud, gets the most play on my turntable (I converted it to CD, but the LP blows it out of the water). He loses the electric amp attachment on this one and really shines throughout the album. IMHO, You, Baby suffers from the muffled Varitone, and some of the numbers drag a bit, but overall it’s a fine array of songs. Get these albums and be thrilled!

Ye Me Le
Pais Tropical
Sergio Mendes and The New Brasil 77
Boz Scagss-Silk Degrees
The 5th Dimension-Portrait
Gino Vannelli-Canto
Laura Nyro-Eli and the 13th Confession
Swing Out Sister-Shapes and Patterns
Pauline Wilson-Tribute

JMAR5 said:
Gino Vannelli-Canto

How do you like that one? It is definitely outside the "pop" style of his other albums, or the jazz leanings he had on "Yonder Tree" and "Slow Love". I haven't picked it up yet, so I don't know what to expect. :D

Now spinning:

Bill Withers; Watching You Watching Me

Plus, the "Rockin' Bones" 4-CD set from Rhino. 50s rockabilly and punk. Pretty cool--just got it as a gift today! :thumbsup:

seashorepiano said:
audiofile said:
Will do. I'm trying to get my hands on Nat Adderley's CTI albums. What are they like?

Calling Out Loud: http://www.amcorner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7628

You, Baby: http://www.amcorner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7287

Here are the links to still-open discussions on the two albums he recorded for A&M. Personally, his second recording, Calling Out Loud, gets the most play on my turntable (I converted it to CD, but the LP blows it out of the water). He loses the electric amp attachment on this one and really shines throughout the album. IMHO, You, Baby suffers from the muffled Varitone, and some of the numbers drag a bit, but overall it’s a fine array of songs. Get these albums and be thrilled!

Thanks! I forgot about those threads. I've been spinning:

BMB-Those Were The Days
Antonio Carlos Jobim-Tide
Milt Jackson with The Oscar Peterson Trio- Very Tall

audiofile said:
Antonio Carlos Jobim-Tide
Milt Jackson with The Oscar Peterson Trio- Very Tall

I actually bought Very Tall about a month ago. Excellent album! "Wonderful Guy" is my favorite track. Milt's work here is much more enjoyable than Goodbye for CTi.

I was watching old videos of TechTV on YouTube, before that my own songs while trying to figure out what happened to my recording software in order to make some new songs.

Maybe I should turn off my PC and dust off my record player for that warm and fuzzy feeling again. Maybe tomorrow or the next day. :wink:

Sonic_Eccles said:
I was watching old videos of TechTV on YouTube, before that my own songs while trying to figure out what happened to my recording software in order to make some new songs.

Maybe I should turn off my PC and dust off my record player for that warm and fuzzy feeling again. Maybe tomorrow or the next day. :wink:

Your music is so progressive and jazzy- many here will love it.

The iTunes pre-view download of Coney Island. Enjoying the "El Bimbo" bonus track...

--Mr Bill
JUST KIDDING! It's my own CD burn off the vinyl courtesy of a corner buddy... (and no "El Bimbo")

Dave Clark Five: the Starline "Best Of" LP from the UK.

Pat Metheny: "Secret Story", German Geffen pressing (vinyl). :thumbsup:

Currently in the car stereo: A compilation CD I made of various female singers, featuring: Patti Grifffin, Sade, Tori Amos, Toni Childs (former A&M artist), Tasmin Archer, Kate Bush, the Corrs, M2M, Joni Mitchell, and one or two others I can't think of at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom