A Song For You - alternate vocal take

Status
Not open for further replies.

newvillefan

I Know My First Name Is Stephen
I was just listening to the 35th Anniversary release of 'A Song For You' album, and straight away noticed that the intro line 'I've acted out my love in stages' is a different vocal cut to the remix that came out years later: you can clearly hear Karen's vibrato on the word 'love' in the remix that isn't there on the original mix. Has anyone else noticed this before?

Stephen

Well I just did a comparo:

1.Original CD ASFY
2. 35th Anniv CD ASFY
3. The Essential Collection ASFY (Remix)

I'm not sure I hear a huge difference, but what I can tell you I hear differently is on 1 & 2 on that line " I acted out my love in stages" It sounds like Karen is on a different mic during that sentence because the phrase before & after this line sounds like different mics cause the sound is different.

However on the Remix, the sound is the same before during and after this line, " I acted out my love in stages". What I mean the same is, It's Uniform sounding on the remix. The originals she sounds like she stepped back from the mic far away during this sentence.

Make sense?

Honestly I don't hear any changes and I listened to all three from the album versions and EC. One thing that does kind of confuse me is in the linear notes on the UK version of the CD collection that goes like this "I should mention that certain titles have been re-mixed for this edition of A Song For You. They are: A Song For You, It's Going To Take Some Time, Goodbye To Love, Intermission, Bless The Beasts And Children." I was under the impression ALL these CD's were original recordings no remixes and all these songs sound different than the CD remastered ASFY that I own just in sound and some instrumentation. This also pertains to this subject as the song ASFY also sounds different on all three versions of the songs. I notice the piano parts sound different which is consistant with Richards remix MO but I do not hear difference in the part of the song you guys are talking about its identical in all three as far as I can hear. Hope this isn't cofusing and anyone can shed some light on this. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom