• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

I now have #58 out of 100!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrat's Andrew, that is really cool. That was also some serious bidding for that, glad you got the winning bid. I'm not sure I would pay that kinda price I know that it's a really rare item but I have never placed that much importance on a signature. Whosever it it. That is just my own opinion. Believe me there are some serious collectors out there that are just the opposite of me, evidence from the bidders on your item.

With the box set I guess I didn't mine paying the price seeing that I was getting alot of CD's & dividing the price up seemed to justify my purchase.

But I am really happy someone here (you) got 58 out of 100. That is great. 100 is really a small portion so this will surely be rare, hold on to it...
Can you post a pic of Richard's signature when you get it?

..wondering whether Andrew will open this CD, online...

Maybe. I know that you have to have your own website to post a pic. I was thinking about having my own site through geocites but how does that work? Is it free?

Just so that you know I am also bidding on #10. I was also surprised that #4 went for only $100.

Oh well. Just more money to UNIVER$AL! :wink:

Congrats Andrew.

I watched this madness last evening, even participating by throwing in a few modest bids, but I am having a hard time justifying well over $200 for one of these sets. Is it worth it? I don't know.

When you step back and look at what it is - it's a signature on a set of CDs. I also worry that if they placed stickers on the discs, they'd end up being unplayable anyway due to the balance being off. If they're printed that way in the manufacture, then they'd be a little more special I suppose.

cds.jpg

I don't know - they look like stickers to me.

Harry
...wondering, online...

The thing is it's not like these are not available in the stores. It would be different it there were only 100 made of these CD's I already have this set & to pay that just for Richard's signature, I can't see it.

Good point though Harry, I wonder if it will affect play.

It's probably a moot point anyway - I can't imagine that anyone who paid a lot for a signature would really NEED to play the discs. More of a collectible/display piece I suppose.

Harry

Yikes! Andrew, what's so special about #58? You could have spent more than $200 on #4 or #1!
Some of my friends did bid and one won #4 and another won #20 and #33.

I wonder if Richard is also observing the prices getting higer and higher.

Wait. Is there a possibility that he's bidding on one of them with his own autograph? Maybe not.

At the rate Andrew is gobbling these up, he'll someday make a small fortune selling these back to us!

Harry

When I was somewhat younger I would've given my right arm to have such resources available to me. It is refreshing to see an ardent admirer. That's what we need... start 'em young and spread the news of CarpenterS magic!

Impressed,

Jeff

I was busy so I had someone else bid on #58 for me. I guess they didn't realize that they were bidding too much. I will hang on to these for a long time!

I don't know what I will do if Universal releases something else exciting. I am BROKE. After a year of Carpenters buying I am BROKE!

...wishing I could have a yard sale!,online...

Well, you could put it back on auction to get yourself a little more profit.
I think you could put together other items like another autographed Gold out of 100 or a Japanese Black Box with this #58 as a package offer just in case you should part with it.
Anyway, have fun :)
:angel: Tomorrow may be even brighter than today :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom